Terms & conditions
terms for the Candidates system
Your use of the Candidates system is subject to all the terms and conditions under section 1, and to the following additional terms and conditions:
Your personal security obligations
Every possible effort is made by the IB Organization to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Candidates system. However you also have a personal obligation to help protect the security of the data for which you are responsible within this site. Your use of the Candidates system constitutes recognition of that obligation and agreement to the following terms.
Candidates Login Credentials
You must make every reasonable effort to keep the computer(s) you use to access the Candidates system as secure as possible. This includes, but is not limited to:
- ensuring that you do not store any sensitive information relating to the Candidates system, for example, your login credentials, anywhere on or near your computer(s)
- ensuring that you properly log out of the Candidates system when you have finished using it to prevent another person from gaining access to the Candidates system using your session
- ensuring that your login credentials cannot be observed by another person watching you typing them in
- ensuring that you are running anti-virus software and that you keep such software up to date by regularly installing the latest signature files
- ensuring that you are running personal firewall software and that such software is configured appropriately and kept up to date
- ensuring that you download and install the latest security patches for your operating system and web browser regularly and pay heed to security notices and advice issued by your operating system and web browser vendors.
Your use of the Candidates system
You are advised and warned that all activity on the Candidates system is monitored and logged. Your use of the Candidates system constitutes consent to such monitoring and logging. Access to the Candidates system may be withdrawn from you as a user if you are suspected of abusing this site and an immediate investigation will be carried out. The IB Organization will take action against you, either disciplinary or legal or both, and against all individuals who attempt to compromise the security of this site.
When accessing any part of the Candidates system you may not attempt to:
- bypass or subvert any of the security measures employed in the site
- carry out any form of reconnaissance or profiling of this site or its users by any means
- cause any disruption to the availability of this site, intentionally or otherwise
- upload any file or program of any description that may compromise the security of the site and its users
- use this site for any purpose other than that for which it is intended
- add, modify or delete any data without specific authorization
- log in using another person's login credentials or impersonate another user by any other means.
Withdrawal of access to the Candidates system
If you breach any of these terms, the IB Organization reserves the right to withdraw your user account at any time and to initiate an immediate investigation. Therefore your ability to access the Candidates system will be suspended and possibly terminated.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
Notwithstanding article 1.13 of these terms and conditions, all disputes arising from or in connection with the use of the Candidates system shall be finally settled by one arbitrator in accordance with the Rules of Arbitration of the Geneva Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Services. The seat of the arbitration shall be Geneva, Switzerland. The proceedings shall be confidential and the language of the arbitration shall be English.
Supplemental Privacy Information for My eCoursework
You also confirm that you are at least 15 years old and that the version of any materials you submit via “My eCoursework” is the correct version is your own work and that you have correctly acknowledged the work of others.
Concent to release of personal data